This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Overnight Vegan Vanilla Oats
With just 3 ingredients to prep this recipe for overnight vegan vanilla oats couldn’t be simpler to make. These healthy overnight oats come together in just minutes saving you loads of time and energy in the morning.
Top with some fruit, nuts and you’ll be out the door in no time at all. Or grab the jar of oats and take it with you for a portable healthy breakfast.
Looking for more vegan recipes? You can find them here.
Why You’ll Love This
This recipe for vegan overnight oats makes up a batch of thick, creamy oats for a hearty and quick breakfast. A little bit of prep the night before makes for an easy, worry-free breakfast the next day.
Like most overnight oats recipes, you can easily customize the oats and add whatever fruit, nuts or seeds you like when you serve these vanilla oats the next morning.
You can also mix in some almond or peanut butter, coconut cream or coconut yogurt to make it even thicker and heartier. My personal fave is almond butter but don’t let that sway you.
Helpful Equipment To Make Vanilla Overnight Oats
Recipe Ingredients To Make Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup strawberries
How To Make Overnight Oats
In a large mouth jar or container combine the oats, vanilla soy milk, and maple syrup.
Mix well to combine and place the jar in the fridge. An hour or two later give the jar another stir or shake it well, tipping it upside down a few times to mix oats and milk thoroughly.
Place the jar or container of vanilla oats in the fridge to set and thicken overnight.
In the morning, divide the vanilla overnight oats into two bowls and add the chopped banana, strawberries, and blueberries just before serving.
All About Overnight Oats
Overnight vegan oats are the perfect make-it-and-forget-it breakfast. A few minutes of evening prep makes for a breakfast in a breeze the next morning.
There’s nothing better than getting up in the morning without having to think about what to make.
Left to soak overnight the oats become thick and creamy, just waiting to be eaten in the morning.
Variations of Overnight Oats
- Throw in 1/4 cup of chia or hemp seeds for more protein and healthy fats.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the oat mixture.
- Make nut butter overnight oats and mix in a tablespoon of almond, peanut butter, or cashew butter before you place the oats in the fridge overnight. Or if there is a nut allergy use sunflower butter.
- Top the overnight oats with toasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts.
- Mix in a tablespoon of ground flax seed.
- Instead of maple syrup to sweeten the oats you can use agave or cut up a few dates and mix them in.
- Incorporate a teaspoon (or two!) of espresso powder for coffee flavored overnight oats or a teaspoon of pumpkin spice for pumpkin flavored overnight oats.
- For chocolate overnight oats add a tablespoon of unsweeteend cocoa powder.
- Mix in some shredded coconut or coconut flakes.
Tips and Tricks/Notes
- Serve the oats warm, cold, or at room temperature. To warm the oats, microwave for 30-60 seconds and then add the toppings.
- Make sure to use old-fashioned oats and not steel cut or instant oats.
- Keep a few Mason jars on hand to store the oats in the fridge.
- If you forget to prepare the oats the night before, combine all the ingredients as soon as you wake up and allow them to sit for an hour or two. They may not be as soft as they would be if they were left overnight but you can most definitely eat them and they’ll still taste great albeit slightly chewy.
- If you don’t have vanilla soy milk you can use any kind of plant-based milk and add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. If you only have unsweetened non dairy milk on hand you can add more maple syrup to sweeten to your liking.
- To thicken the oats even more add a few tablespoons of non-dairy yogurt or coconut cream.
- If you are looking to increase the protein content you an also add a scoop of your favorite vegan protein powder.
How To Store This Simple Vegan Overnight Oats
Overnight oats can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you find they are getting too thick after a few days you can add more soy milk. I do not recommend freezing overnight oats.
Are overnight oats good for weight loss?
Overnight oats can definitely be eaten as part of a healthy, well-balanced diet that has been designed for weight loss.
As long as you don’t add unhealthy ingredients or too much sugar, you can definitely eat overnight oats and lose weight.
Overnight oats are loaded with protein and fiber that will help keep you full for hours. Thus possibly reducing the many trips to the fridge to snack on potentially unhealthy foods. Just make sure to keep the toppings healthy so focus on fresh fruits, nuts, or seeds.
How do you make overnight oats?
It’s quite simple, follow this recipe!
Overnight oats have become my go-to breakfast these days. Thick, hearty and delicious these oats are easily customizable and keep me full for hours.Print