This vegan gluten-free banana bread is soft, moist, and loaded with flavor. Perfect for afternoon tea or breakfast on the go. Ripe bananas, cinnamon, and nutmeg come together for a rich and wholesome treat.
- 2 cups (272g) of Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) of White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- 1 + 1/3 cup of (300g) Mashed Banana
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of Soy Milk (or Almond Milk)
- 1/4 cup (55g) of Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (100g) of Chopped Walnuts (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- Set the oven’s temperature to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, then line the bottom with parchment paper. Place aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free all-purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons of hot water to make your flax egg, then let it sit for a minute to glop up.
- Blend the bananas, soy milk, and coconut oil in a blender until they are thoroughly combined.
- The dry ingredients in the mixing bowl should be covered with the blended banana mixture. A thick batter will be created after adding the vinegar, vanilla, and flax egg.
- Mix in the walnuts that have been chopped.
- Place more chopped walnuts on top of the batter before transferring it to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour, or until well cooked and browned on top.
- After around 10 minutes of cooling, transfer to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Cut and Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Snack, Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: Snack, Dessert, Gluten-Free, vegan, banana bread