This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Are you tired of boring breakfasts? Why not try vegan pancakes for a change. Not only are they delicious and fluffy, but they’re also easy to make and can be customized to your liking. Whether you’re a vegan, or just looking for a new breakfast option, keep reading to find out why vegan pancakes are the perfect way to start your day.
Looking for more vegan breakfast options? Why not give our green juice smoothie a try? It uses just 3 ingredients, and good for you, and is a delicious way to shake up your breakfast routine.
Why You’ll Love Vegan Pancakes
Why wouldn’t you love them? Here are some reasons why this vegan pancake recipe is amazing.
- They’re vegan, so they’re cruelty-free, and made without any animal products.
- They’re fluffy and delicious. Vegan pancakes are just as fluffy and delicious as regular pancakes.
- They’re easy to make. You can have vegan pancakes ready in just a few minutes.
- They’re customizable! Add your favorite toppings like fresh fruit, syrup, or peanut butter.
Helpful Equipment To Make Vegan Pancakes
These tools will help make this recipe even easier!
To make vegan pancakes, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 + 2/3 cups of unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of organic sugar sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 + 1/2 cup of soy or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
How To Make Vegan Pancakes
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until well combined.
Next, add the milk and vanilla to the batter. Stir well. The batter might be a bit lumpy, but just make sure you don’t have any flour clumps.
Place plant-based butter or olive oil in a cooking pan and heat on medium. When it’s hot, pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan. You might be able to fit 2 at a time.
Once the edges begin to brown, flip them over using a spatula. Check after 30 second for the bottom to be lightly browned. When done, remove them from the pan.
Top with plant-based butter, vegan syrup, or fresh fruit (or all 3!).
You can prep your pancakes in just a couple of minutes. They come together in one mixing bowl and you don’t need any fancy equipment: just a whisk and a little elbow grease!
What Do Vegan Pancakes Taste Like?
Vegan pancakes taste like regular pancakes, with a light and fluffy texture. They can be sweet or savory, depending on the toppings you choose. Vegan pancakes are made with a combination of flour, sugar, and non-dairy milk, which makes them a tasty and healthy alternative to regular pancakes. And with a hint of vanilla extract, they have that yummy vanilla flavor we all love.
- Organic Sugar – You can substitute with coconut sugar or maple syrup. However, if you use maple syrup, cut back on the milk as your batter will become to liquidy.
- Baking Powder – Discover you’re out of baking powder? Substitute with cream of tartar and baking soda (use half the amount of baking powder called for).
- Soy or Almond Milk – Substitute with coconut milk, oat milk, or rice milk.
- Vanilla Extract – You can use almond extract or maple extract instead, but it will give a very different flavor. If you’re out of vanilla extract, you can also choose to leave it out and the recipe will still cook up perfectly.
Tips & Tricks and Recipe Notes
- Use a non-stick pan: This will prevent the pancakes from sticking and make flipping easier.
- Mix gently: Over-mixing the batter will make the pancakes tough.
- Let the batter sit: Letting the batter sit for 5 minutes will allow the flour to absorb the liquid and make for fluffier pancakes.
- Experiment with different flours: Try using different types of flour, like oat flour or almond flour, for a different flavor and texture.
How to Store Leftover Pancakes
In the Refrigerator: Store leftover vegan pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on a pan on the stove.
Can I Freeze Vegan Pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze vegan pancakes for up to 2 months. Wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in the freezer. To reheat, place them in the oven or on a pan.
Are vegan pancakes healthy?
It depends on the recipe you use. Some vegan pancake recipes use healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour and non-dairy milk, while others may contain more sugar and processed ingredients.
Can I use regular flour instead of whole wheat flour?
Yes, you can use regular flour instead of whole wheat flour, but whole wheat flour is a healthier option.
Are these vegan pancakes gluten-free?
No, they aren’t gluten free. But you can substitute gluten free flour in this recipe to make it gluten-free. Check your other ingredient packages to be sure there is no gluten present.
Vegan pancakes are a delicious and healthy alternative to regular pancakes. They’re easy to make and can be customized to your liking. Whether you prefer a vegan diet, or you’re just looking for a new breakfast option, try vegan pancakes today and I bet you’ll make these again and again!Print
If you’d like to save it for later, please save it to Pinterest.