This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This recipe for homemade mango sorbet has to be, hands down, the simplest sorbet recipe out there. With just 3 basic ingredients you can whip up a batch of this light and refreshing frozen dessert in no time at all and by the time you finish your meal it will be ready to devour for dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Mango Sorbet Recipe
This homemade sorbet recipe has just 3 ingredients and comes together in just minutes. It couldn’t be easier to make your own sorbet, honestly! No need to buy store-bought anymore. I guarantee once you make this frozen treat you’ll be hooked. It’s perfect for a warm summer night to help you cool off. Or anytime you are craving a cool and refreshing treat.
And as an added bonus this sorbet is sweetened with maple syrup instead of processed white sugar so you won’t get a huge spike in your blood sugar levels.
Helpful Equipment To Make Mango Sorbet
Ingredients To Make This Non-Dairy Sorbet Recipe
- 2 lbs of frozen mango pieces
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 2 limes – juiced
How To Make Mango Sorbet Without An Ice Cream Maker
Prep 5 mins to make + a min of 3 hours to freeze.
Combine frozen mango pieces, maple syrup, and the juice of 2 limes in a food processor or blender and process for a few minutes or until smooth. If the mango pieces are frozen solid you may need to break them up and give them a stir a few times until they break down into a nice and smooth texture. If need be you can add a touch of water which will help blend the mangos.
Take the smooth mango mixture and spread it onto a parchment paper lined deep baking sheet and freeze for at least 3 hours. Or transfer to a loaf pan and freeze overnight.
If you happen to have an ice cream machine you can combine all the wet ingredients into the bowl of the ice cream machine and make up a batch of this sorbet but this recipe is designed to be made without the use of an ice cream machine.
All About Sorbet
Sorbet is a frozen treat that is usually vegan or dairy free by nature. Sorbet is most often made from frozen fruit, fruit puree, water or juice and sweetener.
This sorbet recipe uses frozen mango and maple syrup to create a thick and rich mango paste that you can eat straight from the food processor or freeze so it hardens up.
Variations of mango sorbet
- Add some non-dairy vanilla yogurt to add some creaminess. Soy, coconut or almond will all work well.
- Pour in a touch of vanilla to enhance the sweet flavor.
- Garnish the sorbet with a leaf of fresh mint.
- Use agave or brown rice syrup if you can’t get your hands on maple syrup.
- Mix in a can of full-fat coconut milk for a coconut-mango flavor.
- Change up the fruit and use whatever you have in your freezer; strawberry, raspberry or a combination of fruit.
Tips and Tricks/Notes
- Let the frozen mangos sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes so they can defrost slightly. This will help get the sorbet nice and smooth.
- For an even richer yellow color add a touch of turmeric.
- If you happen to have 2 lbs worth of fresh mangos you can peel and dice them and freeze them overnight instead of using store-bought frozen mangos. Any kind of mango will work to make sorbet.
- If you are out of maple syrup a ripe banana will also help sweeten up the sorbet. Make sure the banana is fairly black or it won’t add any sweetness.
- If you aren’t looking to eat the sorbet within 3 hours you can transfer the mango paste to a loaf pan and freeze it overnight. I know some freezers may not have the space to accommodate a deep baking sheet and a loaf pan will most likely fit in easily.
How To Store This Dairy-Free Mango Sorbet
You can store this mango sorbet in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make sure it is tightly covered so it doesn’t get any ice crystals.
Is mango sorbet vegan? Is sorbet vegan?
Yes, mango sorbet and sorbet in general can be vegan depending on the type of sugar used. Some white granulated sugar is not vegan. This mango sorbet is 100% vegan as it is sweetened with maple syrup.
Does mango sorbet have dairy?
Most sorbets do not contain dairy but it never hurts to ask. This recipe for mango sorbet does not contain any dairy products.
This refreshingly luscious vegan mango sorbet is the perfect way to finish off your vegan meal. It comes together in just minutes and you can place it in the freezer while you prepare the rest of your meal. I enjoy eating this light dessert after this Vegan Chow Mein. If you are looking for other vegan desserts try this Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread or these Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes With Zesty Frosting.Print
If you’d like to save it for later, please save it to Pinterest.