A crispy baguette smothered in truffle-laced mayo topped with roast beef, arugula, Parmesan cheese, and toasted pine nuts makes for a hearty and scrumptious sandwich.
This isn’t your traditional roast beef sandwich, believe me, it is an absolutely out-of-this-world delicious roast beef sandwich with truffle mayo.
Why You’ll Love This Roast Beef Sandwich
We can all get into a sandwich rut now and then but with this roast beef sandwich with truffle mayonnaise you’ll never get bored of eating a roast beef sandwich again. I guarantee you’ll be looking forward to lunchtime with this sandwich.
This beef sandwich comes together quickly and easily for a quick lunch at home or work or even for a light dinner any day of the week.
This is such a great sandwich, I’ve been known, on occasion, to serve it to guests. I cut it up into bite-sized pieces and serve it as an appetizer when friends and family come over. They are always pleasantly surprised at how tasty a sandwich can be.
Helpful Equipment To Make This Sandwich
- 1 baguette
- 4-6 slices of medium-rare roast beef
- 2 oz arugula
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white truffle oil
- 1 oz shaved parmesan
- 1 oz pine nuts
- Salt, to taste
- Black crushed pepper, to taste
How To Make This
Combine the mayonnaise and the truffle oil in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
Toast the pine nuts in a small skillet on medium-high for 3-4 minutes or until they turn a nice golden brown.
Cut open the baguette and spread the truffle mayonnaise onto both sides.
Add the arugula, roast beef slices and the shaved parmesan.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Top with the toasted pine nuts.
Cut in half and enjoy.
All About Roast Beef Sandwiches
Roast beef sandwiches don’t have to be boring anymore. This recipe will most definitely elevate your sandwich-eating experience though don’t be intimated by this gourmet version, it’s easy to make and uses fairly simple ingredients.
Truffle oil is usually available in the oil section of the grocery store so no need to make any extra trips to specialty stores.
No fancy sandwich-making skills are required either to make up this fancy roast beef sandwich.
- Change up the bread and use a sourdough instead of the baguette.
- Mix some Dijon mustard into the mayo-truffle oil mixture.
- Use spinach or kale instead of arugula. Or even romaine lettuce, broccoli sprouts or any microgreens will work.
- Instead of Parmesan use asiago or pecorino.
- Toast cashews instead of pine nuts.
- In place of the roast beef, you can use sweet chili chicken tenders. These can usually be found in the frozen foods section of the grocery store.
- Caramelized onions always add a nice flavor to roast beef sandwiches if you have the time.
Tips and Tricks/Notes
- Toast the baguette for a nice crunchy sandwich.
- Keep a mixture of truffle mayo in the fridge so you can whip up this sandwich any time or use the truffle mayo on other sandwiches or dishes.
- Store-bought pre-cooked roast beef is fine if you don’t have time to make your own.
- Thinly sliced roast beef works best in this sandwich so if you are picking up the meat from the butcher ask them to slice it nice and thin. If you are using homemade roast beef, an electric knife is a valuable tool to have on hand to thinly slice meat.
- If you won’t be eating the sandwich for a few hours spread the truffle mayo over the arugula or the roast beef instead of the bread so the bread does not get soggy.
How To Store Your Roast Beef Sandwich
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days but this roast beef sandwich with truffle mayo tastes best if eaten right away.
You can store the individual ingredients but storing the assembled sandwich it will likely get soggy after a few days.
If you make extra truffle mayo it will keep for several days and any leftover baguette can be kept for a few days as well or frozen.
Individual slices of roast beef can also be stored in the fridge for a few days or frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
Is mayo good on a roast beef sandwich?
Yes, absolutely! Mayonnaise is great on a roast beef sandwich. Especially one that is mixed with truffle oil like in this recipe.
What is the best condiment for a roast beef sandwich?
Which condiment is best really depends on your personal preferences. You can use mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, cheese sauce, or even this guacamole. Your options are endless.
This roast beef sandwich with truffle mayo makes for a hearty and satisfying meal. Perfect for a quick weekday lunch, light dinner, or take it along on your next picnic or hike.
If you are wondering what to serve with roast beef sandwich, I like to eat this roast beef sandwich with mayo alongside this Thai Butternut Squash Soup for a hearty and filling lunch or dinner. I sometimes follow with one, okay maybe 2, of these Vanilla Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting for dessert.Print
If you’d like to save it for later, please save it to Pinterest.