This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Vegan Oreo Milkshake
Warm summer days just scream for ice cream. Vegan ice cream of course! This vegan oreo milkshake is the ultimate treat combining vegan vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookies, and chocolate chips. It doesn’t get much better than this. Purely decadent ice cream bliss.
Why You’ll Love This Vegan Milkshake Recipe
With just 4 ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you can have this super rich and creamy milkshake prepped and ready to serve.
Refreshing and super easy this milkshake is the perfect go-to vegan treat when it’s too hot to turn the oven on or whenever the mood hits.
Helpful Equipment To make this Milkshake
Ingredients To Make This Oreo Milkshake Recipe
- 2 cups vegan vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup of oat milk
- 10 Oreos
- 1/3 cup of vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
How To Make Vegan Oreo Milkshake
Place ice cream, Oreos, and chocolate chips in the blender and blend until thick and smooth and no large chunks of cookie remain.
Pour into a tall glass and drink immediately with a straw.
To make an even thicker milkshake add more ice cream starting with ½ cup to 1 cup.
All About Vegan Oreo Milkshake
Just because you are following a vegan diet doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in milkshakes. This vegan oreo milkshake is an absolutely decadent treat and so simple to make.
Combining your favorite vegan ice cream with some vegan Oreo cookies makes up a cookies and cream milkshake that beats even ice cream shop milkshakes.
Variations of Oreo Milkshake
- Change up the ice cream flavor and use chocolate, coffee, or even mint.
- Add a teaspoon of espresso to the ice cream mixture to add a subtle coffee flavor.
- Throw in chopped walnuts or pecans. Toast them beforehand to enhance their flavor.
- Choose a different chocolate cookie like Fudgeeos or your favorite sandwich cookie. Homemade cookies are fine too.
- Serve with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and coconut whipped cream.
- Try peanut butter or Skor bar chips instead of chocolate, just make sure they are vegan. Even M&Ms or other vegan candies will add a nice flavor and some crunch.
Tips and Tricks/Notes
- You can use store-bought vanilla ice cream whether it be soy, oat, almond, coconut, or even cashew based. You are also free to make your own vanilla ice cream. There are lots of easy recipes to make ice cream both with and without using an ice cream machine. If you are trying to keep things simple then I suggest store-bought is the way to go.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer a few minutes before you want to prepare the milkshake so it can soften slightly. This will make it easier to blend with the cookies. If you want to harden it up after you blend it you can always put the milkshake in the freezer for a few minutes.
- If you don’t have any oat milk on hand you can use soy, almond, or coconut. Make sure to use unsweetened, plain non-dairy milk as the milkshake will be sweetened by the ice cream and the cookies and you don’t want it to be too sweet. Note each type of dairy-free milk will impart a slightly different taste.
- Any kind of Oreo cookie will work and I know there are so many options these days but I think the original chocolate Oreo will taste best.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips can be substituted with dark chocolate chips if you prefer. Or if you don’t have any chocolate chips on hand you can chop up dark chocolate or your favorite candy bar.
- This creamy milkshake can be made gluten-free if you use gluten-free cookies. There are quite a number of store-bought gluten-free cookies to choose from these days so pick the one you think would taste the best in this milkshake. Just make sure the ice cream doesn’t have any gluten-containing ingredients.
How To Store This Vegan Oreo Shake
If you can’t bring yourself to finish this shake all in one sitting as it is quite decadent you can place it in the freezer for 3-4 days. Make sure to cover it well or place it in an airtight container or jar. Remove from the freezer a few minutes before you want to drink it so it can soften back into a milkshake texture.
Are there dairy-free Oreos?
Yes, there are now dairy-free Oreos available.
Are Oreos vegan?
Yes, Oreos are considered vegan though there may be a risk of cross-contamination with milk.
How do you make a vegan Oreo milkshake?
It is quite simple to make a vegan Oreo milkshake. Follow the directions for this recipe and you’ll be whipping one up in no time.
Rich and creamy and oh-so decadent this vegan oreo milkshake is truly a dream. Soft, fluffy with small chunks of Oreo cookies surrounded by creamy Oreo-flavored ice cream.
If you are looking for more vegan recipes, I’ve got you covered. You can see them all here.Print
If you’d like to save it for later, please save it to Pinterest.