Cheese and bacon balls are the perfect appetizer or finger food. Crispy bacon, creamy brie cheese, and some simple everyday spices come together for a savory hand-held treat that’s absolutely delicious.
Anything with bacon gets a thumbs up as far as I’m concerned and I think you’ll agree these cheese balls are to die for.
Why You’ll Love This Cheese Ball Recipe
This bacon balls recipe comes together quickly and easily. Not only that but you can also make these cheese balls ahead of time and keep them refrigerated until you want to serve them.
They also travel well so they are ideal to take to potlucks, picnic lunches or even to snack on at work as they won’t get soggy. Just keep them on an ice pack or in an insulated bag so they stay cool.
You really can’t go wrong with these cheesy bacon balls, with just a handful of ingredients they are guaranteed to please. Double the recipe and get twice as many!
Helpful Equipment To Make Bacon and Cheese Balls
Bacon and Cheese Balls Ingredients
- 3 oz of bacon (finely chopped)
- 6 oz of brie cheese
- 1 chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon of parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
How To Make Bacon and Cheese Balls
Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until it becomes crispy. Let the bacon cool and then cut it into small crumbles and set it aside.
Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. For a really smooth texture place all the ingredients in the food processor. Pour the bacon grease into the bowl and mix again.
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow the bacon grease to harden.
Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and form balls with the cheese mixture.
Place the crumbled bacon on a flat plate and roll the cheese balls around to coat them with the bacon making sure the balls are coated all around. If you run out you can always cook up more bacon and crumble it.
Serve with crackers, vegetables or pita chips and enjoy!
All About Cheese and Bacon Balls
Cheese and bacon balls are an appetizer that can be made with a variety of different cheeses and bacon.
Traditionally served as a starter they can be made into one big ball or shaped into single-serve, bite-sized balls.
Bacon and cheese balls are great to serve at parties or family gatherings or on game days or movie nights.
Any time you are getting a bunch of people together and snacks will be served, most likely bacon and cheese balls would be a welcome addition.
- Add chopped herbs like parsley, dill, or cilantro to the bacon and cheese mixture.
- Roll the balls in finely chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Instead of brie use camembert or goat cheese. Any soft cheese will work.
- Mix in some green onions, chives, or shallots.
- Any kind of bacon will work, if you don’t want to use pork bacon you can use turkey bacon. Or if you are in a real bind you can also use bacon bits, though homemade bacon will taste way better.
- Make one big cheese and bacon ball instead of small individual balls.
Tips and Tricks/Notes
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the cheese balls so they are all the same size. Or use a 1 tablespoon measure and make bacon cheese ball bites.
- Stick toothpicks into the finished bacon balls for ease of serving and eating.
- Make sure not to throw away the bacon grease! It really adds a nice flavor and texture to the bacon and cheese balls.
- Instead of using your hands to shape the balls you can use a piece of plastic wrap to shape them. Place the plastic wrap over the cheese mixture and shape it into a ball with your hands.
How To Store Cheese Balls
These cheese and bacon balls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. These low-carb cheese balls are best if eaten within a few days so I don’t recommend freezing them.
You can store the cheese balls unrolled for a few days and roll in the bacon a few hours before you want to serve them
What are cheese and bacon balls made out of?
Cheese and bacon balls are made of cheese and bacon! You can also add herbs or nuts to bacon and cheese balls.
Who makes cheese and bacon balls?
Anyone can make cheese and bacon balls if they follow this recipe.
These cheese and bacon balls make the perfect appetizer or bite-sized snack. Ideal for your next dinner party or movie night. Serve with some crackers, pita, or your favorite veggies.Print
If you’d like to save it for later, please save it to Pinterest.