Chocolate fat bombs are sure to keep you feeling full and energized, plus they’ll satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you’re on a keto diet or looking to add more healthy fats to your diet, this recipe for keto-friendly fat bombs is perfect for you!
Whether you’re just looking to reduce your sugar intake or you’re participating in a keto diet, I’ve got recipes to help you have a guilt-free treat every now and then.
What are Chocolate Fat Bombs?
Chocolate fat bombs are a low-carb, high-fat snack food, typically made from healthy oils with high-fat content, and very little or no sugar.
They were made popular when the keto diet became a mainstream way of losing and maintaining weight because they’re designed to help your body stay in ketosis while also providing your body with the right amount of healthy fats it needs to burn for fuel, instead of carbohydrates.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe for Chocolate Fat Bombs
- It’s a no-fail recipe that is almost guaranteed to work out perfectly.
- They contain ground almond, almond butter, and coconut oil, so they’re full of protein and healthy fats.
- They can be stored in the fridge or freezer and enjoyed for days or even weeks.
Helpful Equipment To Make Chocolate Fat Bombs
To make this fat bomb recipe, you’ll need these kitchen tools:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Large portioning scoop
- Baking or cookie sheet
Chocolate Fat Bombs Recipe Ingredients
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup almond, ground
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Stevia if needed
How To Make Chocolate Fat Bombs
These incredibly easy chocolate fat bombs are very simple to make. Here’s what you do:
Measure out all your ingredients into a small saucepan. Place it over low heat and allow everything to melt together. Stir frequently.
A thick batter will form, and when it does, remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
Then, roll the mixture into balls and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place them in the fridge and let them cool for an hour.
Serve and enjoy!
It takes 15 minutes to prepare these chocolate fat bombs
All About Fat Bombs
These fat bombs are keto-friendly, sugar-free, and vegan (although it’s always a good idea to check your labels to be sure).
They’re very chocolatey, smooth, and creamy. Similar to a truffle, biting into a chocolate keto fat bomb is a treat! They’re decadent, but also guilt-free since they contain no sugar, and are high in healthy fats.
If you don’t have all the ingredients on hand, don’t worry! Here are some easy substitutions you can make:
- Coconut oil: You can use other healthy fats like ghee or MCT oil.
- Almond butter: Use other nut butter, like natural peanut butter, hazelnut butter, or cashew butter.
- Cocoa powder: Cacao powder is a great alternative. You can also use dark cocoa powder for a richer but more bitter flavor.
- Stevia: Other natural sweeteners like erythritol or monk fruit can be used, but it should be a powdered sweetener, not a liquid.
Tips & Tricks and Recipe Notes
- Fats and oils can vary in flavor and texture, so use high-quality oils for the best results in this recipe.
- It’s important to allow the mixture to thicken before you try to roll it into balls. Be patient!
- Roll your finished balls in ground nuts or more cocoa powder if you’d like.
- If you find your mixture seems to melt in your hands or is too soft to roll, place the saucepan in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up a bit, then try again.
How to Store Fat Bombs
These fat bombs are great to have on hand for a lunchtime treat or afternoon snack. Your batch will last for a week in the fridge. Just place them in an airtight container.
You can also freeze your chocolate fat bombs. Place the chilled balls in a Ziploc or container with a tight-fitting lid, and store in the freezer for up to one month. When you want more, just pull out what you need.
Are fat bombs good for a keto diet?
Yes! They’re perfect for a keto diet because they’re low in carbs but high in healthy fats. They’ll help keep your body in ketosis while providing you with energy and allowing you to enjoy a sweet-tasting treat.
Can I double a fat bomb recipe?
Yes, you can double this recipe. Make sure your saucepan is large enough and that you have enough room on your baking tray.
What else can I add to my chocolate fat bombs?
If you want to add a crunch, mix in crushed peanuts or almonds. You can also stir in some unsweetened coconut or raisins.
For an extra yummy treat, roll a few keto-friendly chocolate chips into the center of each ball (but don’t add them to the mix on the stove, as they’ll just melt!).
How many fat bombs can I eat a day?
I recommend you talk to your healthcare provider about how much you should eat in a day. How many fat bombs you should consume in a day depends on a number of factors, such as your daily calorie requirements, dietary restrictions, health conditions, and body goals.
As a general rule, understand that fat bombs are quite high in fat and calories, so they need to be consumed in moderation.
If you are generally healthy, you might choose to begin with one or two fat bombs each day and see how your body reacts. From there, you can decide if you should eat more or less of them.
These keto chocolate fat bombs are the perfect snack food to keep on hand if you want a healthy pick-me-up that will give you plenty of energy and keep you full between meals.
If you’ve ever thought you couldn’t eat dessert while on a keto or low-sugar diet, think again! Whip up a batch of these chocolate fat bombs, and you’ll have dessert all week!Print
If you’d like to save it for later, please save it to Pinterest.