Corn Dip is one of my all-time favorite dip recipes! It’s so quick to make and is incredibly filling. It uses mayo and sour cream, bacon, cheese, and plenty of seasonings to deliver a flavorful dip that everyone will go crazy for!
It’s a no-bake recipe that’s perfect as an appetizer or side dish, or you can take it to your next dinner party.
Need another savory dip? Try this Vegan Spinach Dip recipe for a yummy dip everyone can eat. If you’re looking for a sweet dessert dip, you can’t beat this Hot Cocoa Dip. Serve it with graham crackers or cookies!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Corn Dip Recipe
- It’s very quick and simple to make. It’s ready in just 15 minutes!
- There’s bacon in it! The combination of sweet corn kernels and salty bacon is irresistible.
- It’s an easy recipe to take to parties and potlucks.
- It’s different than your typical dip recipes, so everyone will be excited to try it.
- Corn dip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- This corn dip is gluten-free and can be made without bacon for a meatless option as well.
What can you dip in Corn Dip?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to what you can dip in this yummy, savory Corn Dip! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Tortilla chips
- Naan bread
- Melba toast
- Veggie sticks (carrots, celery, bell peppers)
Helpful Equipment To Make Corn Dip
These tools will help make this recipe even easier!
Corn Dip Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cans of sweet corn kernels
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 3 scallions
- 1 jalapeno
- ½ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
How To Make Corn Dip
To make this dip, start by pouring the corn into a colander over the sink. Allow it to drain completely while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Cook 4 slices of bacon in a saute pan until slightly crispy. It doesn’t have to be burnt, but should stand up on its own and not be floppy.
Chop the bacon into small pieces. Chop the scallions and jalapenos as well and set them aside.
In a medium-large mixing bowl, add the corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, chopped bacon, chopped scallions, chopped jalapeno, and seasonings. Mix until well combined.
Place in a serving bowl or dish. Cover with plastic wrap and set it in the fridge to cool and set.
Serve with tortilla chips.
This dip takes 15 minutes to prep.
What can I serve with Corn Dip?
Corn dip is a great addition to any party food spread. If you need some ideas for how to put together an appetizer table try these ideas. They go great with corn dip.
- Make a charcuterie board with a variety of meats and cheeses
- Add in fresh fruits like grapes and strawberries along with a sweet fruit dip
- Include crudites like carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, and bell peppers
- Stack assorted crackers and breadsticks on platters along with other dips and spreads
There are some easy ways to change up this recipe for different flavors.
- Add roasted red peppers or green chilies for a smoky flavor.
- Try different types of cheese, such as pepper jack, feta, cotija, or queso fresco, to give the dip a unique twist.
- For a healthier option, substitute the mayonnaise and sour cream for Greek yogurt or a dairy-free alternative like coconut cream.
- Substitute the seasonings for taco seasoning and omit the bacon for a Tex-Mex twist.
- Add diced avocados for some creaminess.
- Try adding black beans or Rotel to the mix.
Tips & Tricks and Recipe Notes
- When you chop up your jalapeno, you can leave the seeds in for a spicier dip.
- If you’re short on time, you can use pre-cooked bacon bits instead of cooking bacon from scratch.
- If you don’t have Mexican shredded cheese, you can use cheddar or a blend of your favorite cheeses.
- It’s important to drain your corn well or your dip will be watery.
How to Store Corn Dip
Corn Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will taste very fresh on the first day, but after it sits in the fridge for a few days, the flavors will really intensify and blend together. Both options are delicious.
Can I Freeze Corn Dip?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing this dip. The sour cream and mayo will likely separate as it thaws and it will become watery. This dip is definitely best eaten within a few days.
Can I Make This Ahead?
You can! You can make this dip up to 3 days ahead. I recommend making it the morning of your party or whenever you plan to serve it. Let it sit covered in the fridge, then give it a good stir before serving.
Can I make Corn Dip without bacon?
Yes! For a vegetarian option, you can leave the bacon out of this recipe.
What is corn dip made of?
Corn dip is made up of whole kernel corn, mayo and sour cream, seasonings, and other additives like bacon and jalapenos. You can change up the recipe as you would like.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes. This is a gluten-free recipe. Make sure your corn chips are also gluten free before eating them.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and easy Corn Dip recipe as much as I do. It’s a great choice for an afternoon snack or a party appetizer.
Stock up on all the dips and snacks and create a spread everyone will be talking about for parties to come.Print
If you’d like to save it for later, please save it to Pinterest.